There are many health benefits to juicing, especially if you prepare them yourself:
1. If drank fresh, the juice contains live enzymes, which is helpful the body.
2. Unlike being brought out of a packet, the juice is fresh and not pasteurized. Pasteurization many have its benefits but it has produced nutritionally dead meals. During pasteurization, high heat is used and this damages the essential nutrients within the juice.
3. You take in more vegetables by drinking than by eating. As you probably have experienced, it's not always possible to consume as many vegetables as you would like. Drinking fresh vegetable juice helps take charge of this problem.
4. Digestion and assimilation of the vegetable nutrients is much easier. Your body is in fact, like a juicer. When you ingest a celery, your body will digest the celery by extracting the juice to obtain the nutrition. The fiber is destroyed via the colon and bowel movements. However, if you juice, you have already extracted the juice for the body thus making it easier for your assimilation. Nevertheless, it's still important to eat whole vegetables and fruits because you need some amount of fiber as well.
5. Fasting gives your digestive system a break. Since fresh vegetables and fruit juices require little digestion, they are quickly acculturated into your body. The majority of the 10% of bodily energy normally involved in your assimilation, digestion, and elimination is freed up. The end result? You feel a sense of renewed energy after the fast.
6. A fast helps to also decompose toxic materials - fat, abnormal cells and tumors-- and releases diseased tissues and their cellular products into the circulation for extermination.
7. In addition, new cell growth during fasting is stimulated and accelerated as the required proteins are re-synthesized from decomposed cells (during autolysis). Your serum albumin reading, that is blood-protein level, remains constant and ordinary throughout your fast, as your body very smartly uses protein and other stored nutrients where required.
8. Juice fasting is a much gentler technique of detoxification as compared to water fasting. For a juice fast, a broad range of fruits and vegetables should be used in combination and that is necessary to enhance health during the fast. In this particular manner, the body still gets its daily calories from the easily-digested juices as compared to the more extreme water fast. Thus, the release of toxins from the fat cells in a juice fast is much more gentle and gradual.